Since your blood pressure is one of the most important vital signs, you should monitor it regularly. Even if you are not currently suffering from hypertension (high blood pressure) or hypotension (low blood pressure), many underlying health conditions can be identified from your blood pressure. Hence, having a BP machine handy at home can be a great way to help diagnose high/low blood pressure so that timely treatment can begin.
The Best BP Machines :
The Dr Morepen BP machine is a highly user-friendly device that can be used at home by senior citizens as well. This device is known for providing results that are close to the accuracy of a manual machine. One of the most important features of this BP machine is that alongside blood pressure, it also displays the real-time heart rate (or pulse rate). Due to all these features, this instrument is also used in healthcare facilities for clinical purposes.
- Easy to use with minimal effort.
- Provides nearly accurate results.
- It can be used with a single button.
- Easy to set up with simple instructions.
- Large and bright LCD screen.
- Special memory function to store BP readings.
- Low battery indicator.
- Alarms users in case of high blood pressure (hypertension).
The Dr Trust BP machine has a smart-talking feature that can come in handy if the user is not able to comprehend the readings themselves. It is best suited for people who have difficulty using such electronic devices. With audio guidance in both English and Hindi, even the layman with no knowledge of using a BP machine can use this device. This device can also be beneficial for people who are visually impaired. However, if you do not need the audio guidance, you can always mute it and use the device as a regular blood pressure monitor.
- Uses smart technology that measures blood pressure during inflation to provide more accurate and faster measurements.
- Improved pumping technology reduces extra unnecessary pumps with a smart algorithm.
- Hence it is perfect for senior citizens who usually cannot withstand the pain of longer durations of cuff inflation.
- Measurements are quick and accurate and the cuff does not need to deflate completely to display the results.
- The Dr Trust BP Machine cuff is larger than most other devices, making it compatible with people of all sizes.
- Detects heart rate and identifies abnormalities in it.
- Can be powered using a micro USB cable.
- Can be powered using 4 AA size batteries as well.
This Dr Morepen BP machine is different from its other models because it is a more affordable option for every household. Like all other Dr Morepen devices, you do not need any specialised training to operate this device. You can use it on the go and measure your blood pressure within a few minutes no matter where you are. For people who are suffering from high/low blood pressure (i.e., hyper/hypotension), diabetes or any other cardiovascular ailments, this BP machine is a piece of must-have equipment at home.
- It has a dedicated WHO pressure classification indicator on the left side of the screen.
- It can identify and alert users if their heart rate is abnormal or irregular.
- Powered by batteries, making it a highly portable BP machine.
- A special low battery indicator alerts you when it is time to change the batteries, ensuring uninterrupted use.
- When out of batteries, it can also be powered by a direct cable connection to a power outlet using the adapter provided in the box.
- It has a smart auto-inflation technology that prevents excessive inflation which can cause discomfort and pain.
The Omron BP machine is a highly versatile device that you can use at home. Using this device, you can measure your blood pressure in units of millimetres of mercury (mm Hg). You can also use this device to check any instances of irregular heart rate. Along with these features, this BP machine can be operated quite easily with a single touch and also provides highly precise and accurate results for your blood pressure measurements.
- The device is compact, portable, and handy.
- The user experience is swift, agile, and simplistic.
- Provides BP readings that are very reliable.
- Can be operated with a single touch, hence eliminating a learning curve.
- Comes with all necessary attachments.
- It has a comparatively larger screen with a better quality display.
- It has a dedicated hypertension indicator that blinks when your blood pressure readings are higher than normal.
The BPL BP machine is a highly accurate medical device that can be used to provide precise readings of your blood pressure. This device runs on batteries and is extremely portable as well as handy to use. If you or your family member is hypertension (high blood pressure) or hypotensive (low blood pressure) patient, then having this medical apparatus at home can be of great help. Using this BP machine, you can quickly and accurately check blood pressure without having to visit a doctor or a diagnostic lab.
- This medical device offers a higher degree of accuracy than most others with a minimum deviation (margin of error) of +/- 3 mm of Hg (Mercury).
- This device operates using the auto-pressurisation and oscillometric principle technology.
- With an expandable internal memory built into this device, you can record and store up to 120 blood pressure readings.
- It has a large vibrant display measuring 45×33 mm.
- It has a built-in indicator for when you have wrapped the cuff incorrectly.
- The circumference of the cuff can be adjusted between 22 to 36 cm, making this an appropriate device for people of all sizes.
- This BP machine also comes with a travel pouch enabling you to carry it along with you wherever you go.
- It has an auto-power off feature that saves battery life when the device is not in use.
The Prozo Plus blood pressure monitor is considered one of the best BP machines in India because it can be used by 2 users alternatively without hassle. It is a highly compact device that can be taken with you wherever you go. Due to its portable dimensions, it can sit snugly inside a suitcase or even be packed with other belongings inside a backpack. Using this BP machine, you can measure your blood pressure easily and is specifically suited for the use of adults.
- It can store up to 180 BP readings for 2 different users.
- This device is completely digital and automated.
- It comes with a good quality LCD screen where the BP readings are very easy to read.
- It is powered using 4 AA-size batteries.
- It has a durable and comfortable upper arm cuff.
- It has a special detector that indicates irregular pulse rates.
- It has a date and time display, a low battery indicator, and even an incorrect usage message.
- You can also calculate the average value of multiple blood pressure readings using this device.
The BPL BP machine provides you with the facility to get highly accurate and reliable blood pressure readings at home without the assistance of a medical professional. This device is also compact. Moreover, it also comes with a high-quality cuff that is more durable than many other brands. Apart from that, you also get a durable pouch to carry your BP machine in. All of these features make this device one of the most travel-friendly and portable BP measurement instruments on the market.
- The 3.2 inch LCD screen of this BO device provides better clarity when reading your BP measurements.
- The blood pressure is indicated automatically after each reading.
- The minimum deviation (margin or error) on this device is +/- 3 mm of Hg (Mercury).
- This device automatically records and stores up to 74 blood pressure readings for future reference.
- This device also alerts the user when their heartbeat (pulse rate) becomes abnormal.
- It has a low battery indicator that alerts users to change the battery to continue using the device.
- This BP machine also indicates if you have wrapped the cuff correctly around your upper arm.
- It can also be used on main power using a power adapter that is provided inside the package.
The Omron BP machine is user-friendly and can be used only with a single button. This BP monitor is designed specifically to keep in mind the needs of the elderly as well as people suffering from diabetes and blood pressure (high/low). Moreover, since this device is user-friendly and highly intuitive to use, and can provide a host of benefits to the users (especially those suffering from blood pressure or diabetes).
- This BP machine has built-in hypertension (high blood pressure) indicator that helps you identify easily when your BP is higher.
- It has a simple, intuitive, and easy one-touch operation so that users can easily operate their devices.
- This device also has an ”OK” cuff indicator inside the screen that helps beginners understand whether the cuff has been put on correctly.
- The inflation levels of this device are customised automatically based on the width of your upper arm.
- The cuff on this device inflates automatically.
- Moreover, the deflation time of the cuff is also quite fast.
The Choicemmed BP machine is fully digital, small in stature, and compact in design. Using this device, you can even check your pulse rate along with your blood pressure. Moreover, this device is highly portable and perfectly suitable for taking along with you on your travels. Most importantly, this device has been approved by the European CE and USFDA authorities.
- Along with your blood pressure, this device can also measure your pulse rate (or heart rate).
- The device is compact and portable.
- With a 4 inch LCD screen, the measurements are easier to read on this device.
- It can be used by multiple users easily.
- It has a built-in storage capacity of 120 blood pressure readings.
This BP machine is one of the most accurate and is also easy to use. With a bright and large LCD screen, interpreting the readings on this device is quite easy. As a result, even the elderly can use it without hassle. Apart from that, the Choicemmed digital BP machine has several other benefits which make it one of the best blood pressure monitors in India.
- It has an adjustable cuff that makes it suitable for people of all shapes and sizes.
- It can store several blood pressure readings at a time.
- It is powered by batteries, meaning you can even use it while travelling.
- It is compact and easy to store, making it an essential and handy household gadget.
This fully automatic digital BP machine provides a high degree of accuracy in blood pressure readings. It also has a large display due to which even people who are unfamiliar with digital technology can use this gadget with ease.
- It has a low battery indicator.
- It has a highly durable and flexible cuff.
- It is compact but sports a comparatively large display.
- It can record and store up to 120 readings of 2 separate users.
- It also provides a measurement of real-time pulse rate.
Benefits of BP Machines
Here are some of the best benefits of using a BP machine at home:
- You do not need to visit a doctor or healthcare facility to measure your blood pressure.
- You can get clinic-like accuracy at home.
- You can keep regular track of your blood pressure for long-term treatment of blood pressure-related issues.
- You can even check your blood pressure when you are travelling.
- You can provide your doctor with a chart of daily blood pressure readings for a more accurate medical diagnosis of your condition.
- Using this device can help you reduce the risk of sudden health complications.
- Treatment options for blood pressure may be influenced by different techniques of assessing blood pressure response. The antihypertensive response to therapy measured by HBPM was 20% lower than office measures, according to a meta-analysis of more than 6,000 individuals.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing BP Machines
Gadgets such as at-home based blood pressure devices are now the most convenient way to measure blood pressure accurately at home. The American Heart Association still warns that even the most expensive blood pressure equipment may not be accurate.
- Cuff size
Always remember to check the cuff size (usually measured in circumference) of the BP machine you are purchasing. The cuff size should be suitable for the circumference of your arm.
- Device warranty
Remember to check for the warranty of the device before purchasing. Most devices come with a year-long replacement warranty. However, there may be devices that provide only a 6-month replacement warranty.
- Ease of use
One of the most important aspects you need to check before purchasing a blood pressure monitor is its ease of use. Always opt for a device that is user-friendly so that you do not need any special guidance or assistance when using it.
- Storage capacity
It is always recommended to purchase a device that has a good amount of storage to record previous readings. Using this feature, you can create a daily or weekly log of your blood pressure readings. With the help of such a log, your physician can provide you with a more accurate diagnosis and method of treatment.